December 31, 2012

Want : Need (II)

Kyle was very good at lingering; he lingered in conversation, after parties, at my door. Especially at my door. 
Who could ignore such an obvious gesture? I couldn't. Tom wasn't taking me anywhere and Kyle was new, intriguing.
So I took the bait. He joined me when my roommates were gone; I began to cross into his physical bubble: casually touching his hands, sitting and standing slightly closer to his figure, lingering in our hugs before he left. 
One early morning, when the sky was grey while the sun hid behind the mountains, he met me outside to walk to campus. During the presentation his hand would caress against my side, against my palm. Reckless teenager felt nice.
In the evening, we all gathered in the dark to watch a movie. My eyes hung heavy from waking early on a weekend, so my head rested against the warmth of Kyle's chest as he held me in his arms. Occasionally I would raise my head to watch a particularly engaging scene or at the prompting of Kyle's to make sure I was awake. At that point he would lift my head level with his. His third prompting led to a kiss. In the quiet darkness we shared a few more, only distracted by the presence of our company.
Monday I would have to buy my roommates ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment